Monday, March 30, 2009

goings on

Hey - its been while. Quite honestly - that whole CBC thing totally freaked me out and wore me down. Not sure if i believe that it has 'blown over' -there doesn't seem to be an apparent back lash - but its the whole perception of international adoption that has been damaged and especially Ethiopian adoption. ugh. nuff said - no more CBC talk.
Last week i got to have dinner with a good friend. She and her hubby have gone through alot of the same stuff we went through and much more. They are now considering adoption - and its so cool to have someone close by to share with!!! i am really looking forward to journeying (is that a word??) together.
I had a beautifully quiet weekend!! On Saturday i had the house to myself and indulged in one of my favorite pass times- baking. i love to bake. the only real issue is that we eat what i bake...and so i try to limit myself. I like to do things big - and make a few things at a time. But this time i only made 2 things - banana muffins - so good and cream puffs - so VERY good. i wish i had more time to bake - i have a wonderful Pillsbury baking cook book and every time i open it i find more recipes to try. I really look forward to doing the 'stay at home' mom thing and baking regularly!
I have also been busy trying to plan for summer vacation. Ugh - its so hard to know when to take time off and what we will be doing! I get about 3 more weeks vacation than mike does - so its kind of a drag. Also with 'month end' happening in my life, it kind of limits vacation planning. i think that today i have found the perfect get away for a good friend and myself in early July. Now i just need to talk her into it...don't really think it will be a problem. We are also going away on Easter weekend to PA. I am soooo looking forward to it!!! We are going to the Sight and Sound Theatre and doing some serious shopping. I can hardly wait. It is so great to have fun things to look forward to!!!
As far as adoption stuff goes - no news. There haven't been any referrals for quite a while - which is kind of scaring me. There are quite a few people travelling now and i hope that means that more spaces will open up and that referrals will happen soon. If not... than our 1 year referral wait if probably going to get much longer. ugh. Someone asked my on Sunday how i am handling the unknown and the wait getting longer and longer. Some days are easier than others and i just have to keep reminding myself that it will all be so worth it - Karen i might need to borrow that t-shirt from Phoebe!!! God's time is perfect and we need to believe that and hold on to it. That's about all we can do.
Now - where are those muffins...

2 comments:

Karen said...

Phoebe's t-shirt is a onesie from Old Navy. I bought it months before my referral actually happened in hopes it would keep me focused on the prize at the end. Somedays it helped and others, well, I would eat everything I baked :) or just generally anything not nailed down...

Anonymous said...

Mmmm muffins.
I understand the wait sucks. A fellow blogger is leaving in a couple of days to Eithiopia - I will send you the link in an e-mail. Atleast it will help you in planning your greatest trip of all!