Wednesday, October 28, 2009

95+

No - I am not talking about the weather today - i am talking about my age. That is about how old I feel! I knew i was due for my yearly bout with sciatica and here we are. It's way better than last year's version but none the less i walk around like an old woman. I really could have used a walker for a few days - a kitchen chair had to do the trick. I am mobile now - slowly and surely. I was only off work for 4 days this time... I hate to be helpless -ugh. The good news is that i am on the mend and all will soon be well.
Anyhoo, other than my ailments nothing much is new. We continue to live our lives and continue to hope that our adoption will have a happy ending. Some days i get excited and day dream again about how it will be - when we are parents. Even thought up a new good boy's name (have lots of girls names on the list but not too many good boy choices). And some days the reality of waiting another year or so just weighs me down.
Good news for lots of Cafac folks including Steph and fam! Congrats and yippee!!! I am celebrating with you!!! Its so great to see things moving along for you all. I am still lurking out there - keeping up with my blogging peeps - seeing your kids at home gives me hope and reminds me that it's all worth it.
So, that's it for me. Just thought i would let you know that i am still here - slow and feeble but here.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the shout out Brenda!! I'm praying hard that you'll be posting your good news before too long.

Steph :-)

Karen said...

So sorry to hear you have been hobbling about- I know how miserable that pain is and I feel for you. Praying you will soon be greatly improved.

Krista said...

Feel better Brenda!
I CAN NOT wait to hear your good news!

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Oh gosh, I hope you feel better soon. L