Saturday, January 22, 2011

Do dreams come true?

We are still alive! We have not been totally buried by the latest batch of paperwork, but sometimes it seems that way! I (Mike) tried to sleep in today, but I had the most incredible dream and couldn't get back to sleep. It's my first "daddy dream", and I needed to share it with someone! (Brenda is still sleeping, and I know better than to wake her up!). So here's how the dream unfolded: We were at some sort of family function, not sure who's family, I didn't really recognize anyone. We were in a room with a bed, TV, and some of our stuff, maybe we were staying over? Brenda was reading a book and playing with a cute little African girl, who looked to be about 2yrs. old. She was perfect, big beautiful eyes, winning smile, and crazy curly hair (of which I am jealous!). Then she came over to where I was sitting in a rocking chair watching a movie or something on the TV. She climbed up into my lap, and settled in all warm and cuddly while I rocked back and forth. She turned to me after a while and said "faster!", that's when I knew she was our child (only on of my kids would not be satisfied with rocking slowly!). Later we were down the hallway, and everyone was getting food from the kitchen. Wouldn't you know, our little girl had gotten grandma to get her some ice cream! She was then leading grandma down the hall to a quieter room to "hide-out" while they spoiled their dinner! So, that was it, at that point I woke up and haven't been able to get that dream out of my head. I sure hope this one comes true!

4 comments:

shannon said...

HI Mike,
Love your post pure magic !!!!!!!!!!
I think our dreams will come true and we are getting closer than ever.
I know for me this week I have also had my baby on mind , went back into the baby room for the first time in months and it felt great.
I think soon we will be in the single digits on the list and then it will be really crazy hard.
Hope you both had a good weekend.
Shannon ( aka #60 )

CinnamonOpus said...

I totally believe in that kind of stuff. A vivid dream that I had one night is what got us started on our paperwork road to our daughter.

Here's hoping yours comes true soon!

The Mannings said...

i believe in your dream!!! I am just glad that we don't believe in the crazy dreams that i have. You dream so little and so when you do, its gonna mean something!! You are going to be an amazing daddy!!!

Stephanie said...

What a great dream!!! Praying that it is prophetic!!

Steph :-)