Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Now what?

When we realized our homestudy was done we looked at each other and said "now what?" It seems like the homestudy totally ruled our life for so long that we didn't know what was next! But, it seems like more paperwork is in order. Ethiopia wants a few more things that Canada didn't want - no big deal - just a few more pieces of paper.

Right now as we speak our homestudy is on its way for ministry (provincial) approval. This can take 8-12 weeks we are told. So... hopefully by October(??) we will go to the next step and send the paper work off to Ethiopia.

So, now its a matter of sitting back and waiting -that's the name of the game from now on out I am afraid. Part of me says - we have waited this long whats another year or so and the other part says - bring it on now!!!!! oh boy. definitely not looking forward to the waiting.

The good news is that i am on holidays for 2 weeks!!! This week is a do stuff around the house and R&R week and on Friday Mike and I leave for camping. Can't wait!!!!

2 comments:

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

They should change the name from "adoption" to "waiting" - because that is all we seem to do...

Laura

Unknown said...

I'm glad that I found your guys blog! I will be keeping a watch on it as I too am a blog stalker!
It looks like we will be about 2 months behind you guys on our next journey!