Monday, December 8, 2008

out and about

well - this weekend i managed to get out of the house a few times!!! it was so worth the pain and minor set back. Yes i did over do it - but you gotta live a little! Friday, Mike and i had a mini date. we went to this Christmas market i had heard about. it was fun - lots of people and good smelling food. i realised the other day when i was decorating that we didn't have a Santa anywhere - must have at least one Santa on hand- so that way my purchase. i picked out one i thought was cute. then the cashier showed me how to press a hidden button - and Santa breaks out into song a dance. hmmm - not exactly what i had in mind- but it was cute so what they hey. We also managed to have a late lunch and do just a wee bit of shopping. I slept good that night
Saturday i woke up feeling energetic and got to some work around the house that i had been dreaming of doing for so long (like ironing is a momentous occasion!). So, i puttered to my hearts content - but when i finally stopped and sat down - i realized i had way over extended myself. So we took it easy Saturday night and i think i was in bed before 9.
It was soooo nice to get to church on Sunday!!! It was great to see my friends, sing some carols. But i think i knew by the time i got there that it might have been a mistake. Sitting still isn't so great so between the car ride and the hard seat...well you can guess that i was looking forward to my couch again.
Sunday evening Mike's brother and family came over to watch our local Santa Claus parade. They all bundled up and headed down town and AJ and I watched from inside. AJ is our new little nephew. I think he liked the lights anyway.
Needless to say, i didn't manage a full day of work today. And i felt guilty but a girl's gotta get out of the house some time!!! I am really hoping that tomorrow will be my first full day. I have been a good girl this afternoon, resting and relaxing so I am thinking it will be all good tomorrow! I am also looking forward to a hair cut - its 4 weeks over due so i am feeling a bit shaggy.
Congrats to Karen and the rest of the families who will soon be travelling to pick up thier Christmas presents (aka babies!!) VERY excitiing for things to be moving along!! Can't wait to hear of your travel plans!!!!!

2 comments:

The Warren Family said...

Glad you are feeling a little better!

K_I_T_ said...

Hi, i found your blog thru another Ethiopian adopting blogger. We are waiting for our referral since Jan 08. Looking forward to following your blog about your journey.