Monday, November 30, 2009

we did it!

The numbers are in - 246 families have re-signed their contracts, sent in the $ and we are a go!!!
In the last few weeks I was pretty confidant that we would have enough families to continue and we do. What a relief!! Now we wait for the first referral - what a sweet day that will be!!!!!!! The other good news is that we will finally get a list of the families waiting and we will be able to see our place in line. We never knew that info before - i had my colour coded spreadsheet but it wasn't very accurate to say the least. That is such a relief to us! We will be able to get a better grasp on our wait times as we see the people ahead of us bring their sweet babies home!! I have a feeling we are in the top 50?! I really hope so - but it will just be nice to know for a change.
So, such good news after a wonderful weekend!!!!
In the whole mess of the bankruptcy i got a card from a friend that said 'expect miracles'. I thought that was a pretty bold statement. But i can tell you that i am expecting miracles here and they have been happening.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Whohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
I'm sooo happy for you guys! God is good!!

Let the referrals roll!!

Steph :-)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How soon do you get the list?? That is such awesome news. Waiting for that next miracle!!

Janice

Derrick, Alysia, and Levi said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! That baby is coming!
Alysia

The Hattons... said...

Yay! Such wonderful news. Thanks for sharin.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!!!! :):)

Arja

shannon said...

YES WE DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well I coud barely sleep last night as the news that my child will make it home settled into my heart.

I sure there where dreams of our kids all over the country.

I am also excited for the list. I have the same date to ET as you so fun.

Do you really guess the top 50 ? I am prepared for what ever it says but excited to see.

Enjoy this wonderful week.
A very grateful
Shannon

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Dang right we did it. What a great feeling...OK, now let's move on to some referrals!

L

Sharla said...

YEAH! such a great thing to look forward to... expect miracles seems the perfect sentiment for the occasion!

Krista said...

That is great!! Moving ever forward... and up the list!