Friday, April 29, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess:

*This has been a discouraging week adoption wise. 2 really good friends are both really struggling with their adoptions. One is just so close – so close to picking up their sweet boy. Red tape just keeps getting in the way. It seems like petty, easy things that just make you shake your head – are keeping them from hoping on a plane. My other really good friends just do not know if their adoption will ever happen. Delay after delay has had them at a standstill for a long time (since last summer) and now there is 3 more months of not knowing. And us…I still don’t know where our file is at but was told ‘we are looking into it’. If you don’t mind, say a prayer for all of us as some days, one more thing is just too much to deal with.

*That I feel a bit like Jekyll/Hyde. One post is positive and exciting and upbeat and then bam. More crap. Will life ever be normal again? How I look forward to the day that our adoption is done and final and we can move on to a new kind of crazy – parenthood!

*We all need some good news.

*I got up and watched the wedding today at 3:00am. By ‘up’ I mean that I was awake but still in bed. :)

*I did get a bit teary. Weddings always make me cry. It was a beautiful wedding!!!

*Retail therapy is in my future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - are they looking for you homestudy update or your file with the new agency??? that's crazy. argh. hang in there:o)

Janice

Karen said...

Ooh- will retail therapy include purchasing a royal wedding worthy hat? Wasn't Princess Beatrice's hat like something from a Dr. Seuss book?! I did not like it Sam I am...

Still praying.

The Mannings said...

Ha ha Karen - i told Mike - "Beatrice is the one with the whoville hat!!!" Too much!! You would think with all that money, someone could point them in the right direction fashion wise!!
thx for the prayers
Janice - our file is 'out there' - no one is sure where...and 'they' have bigger fish to fry and so we wait...

Rowan Family Tree said...

Life WILL be normal again. It will happen...

I just thought I'd check in and see how your wait is going. My fingers are crossed for you!!!

"Nicky"
http://rowanfamilytree.com