Monday, July 25, 2011

Helping

By now, you will have heard about the famine in East Africa.

Its hard to explain how international 'news' touches you when it involves your child's homeland. It feels like it is happening to my home. There are many ways that you can donate to help with the relief effort. MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) is one of them. Right now the Canadian Government is matching donations.

http://canada.mcc.org/eastafricadrought/cida

I often wonder how our country would manage if we really had a disaster like this. I pray others would help us as we have to opportunity to help Africa. Please give if you can. Not everyone can give and that is ok. Prayer is also an important response.

Thanks for considering it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey, I've been out of the loop, and just saw today that you got your referral (yes, I've been really out of the loop!). CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so thrilled for you guys. I couldn't be more happy for you. That's awesome.