Saturday, March 3, 2012

what a day

just so you know. i am keeping a diary that i will down load to the blog when we get home. i feel like if i don't write things down right away i will forget the details. So, this is just a brief story of our day. Seeing our boy was something else. I knew him right away - and he knew us cause he was the only one in the room that started to cry!!! We sat on the floor and played with the other 7 kids and waited for him to warm up a bit. It didn't take long to have him playing peek-a-boo with us. What a time! In the end we were left alone with all the kids and he crawled over to me and wanted me to pick him up - melt my heart... He is tiny but healthy and great. We saw 4 teeth in there - and he crawls with lightening speed. It was quite a morning. We spent the rest of the day recuperating and resting - feeling the jet lag! Tonight we walked to a pizza place not far from the guesthouse and had a great time there. Tomorrow we are going to church in the morning. By the way - the weather is amazing!!! I could get used to it!

11 comments:

Hopeful Mommy (and Daddy) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh what a day! I hope that Mike took lots of video so we can share it too!! I can't wait to see pictures. Love Sheri

BCMommy said...

Sounds awesome!!!!! So excited for you both!!!

Claire

Hopeful Mommy (and Daddy) said...

Glad that you had such a great time with your little boy! Crawling! You will have your hands full when he gets home! Thinking of you!
Adam, Esther and D

Anonymous said...

I am going to run out of words - how many times can you use the words awesome, amazing, fantastic, exciting, etc.?! Tears now instead of chills, so happy for you guys. My parents are heading over to your parents' place for dinner so I'm sure they will be sharing the exciting updates. Can't wait until we can see pics - SO happy that you got to hold him!!
Janice

Kelly said...

What a special day! So happy for you Brenda and Mike.
I bet he is a cutie pie!

Kelly

Heather said...

Big prayers for tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

"What a day" is most likely an understatement! I can only imagine your joy and hope as you met your son. I love reading these updates.
Safe travels,
Lynnette

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL visit - good luck with court today!

Janna said...

Sorry - that last post was from me (Janna).

Krista said...

What a very special time that you will remember forever!