Thursday, September 18, 2008

Approved!!!!

Well - today was the one of the most exciting days so far in our adoption. We got our ON Ministry approval!!!! oh goodness! I did a happy dance around the office - then had to take a walk through the building to find my mom (yep - we work at the same place). then I had to find my 'other mom' and spill all the good news.

I was so excited -that its hard to believe what it will be like when we actually get the referal. I think our caseworker was a bit surprised at how excited i was :)

What a relief!! And in only 6 weeks. Through this whole thing we are given time lines. I tend to want to believe the longer time line - which was 12 weeks -so now it feels like we are 6 weeks ahead of 'schedule'. I have no doubt that those 6 weeks will get used up waiting at for something else.

So - i did call Mike up in the middle of the day (well - night for him) to tell him the news... He forgives me now - i think.

So - i know i was just complaining about waiting just a few days ago . I guess that is part of this whole blog thing - you have to listen to me complain and then in a few days be over joyed with the way things turn out. I did tell you that the rantings of an 'expectant mother' may just be a little irrational. :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!! Very exciting!! Now get that paperwork to Ethiopia!! :-)

Melissa said...

Hey awesome! So exciting! You know what that means? We should be getting our referrals right around the same time! Congratulations! I'm pumped for you!

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Just a few more weeks to go before it arrives! Congrats! Laura

The Warren Family said...

Congrats!! What great news!!! Time to celebrate.