Thursday, September 11, 2008

waiting...

Waiting.

Seems like when you talk about adoption the key word is waiting. Our file has now been at the Ontario Ministry for 5 weeks. I heard some one just got their approval after 6 weeks - so maybe... Well, I won't get my hopes up too much. The sad part is that we are not even 'officially' waiting. Most people say the waiting begins when all the approvals are in and you are waiting for the referral. Then the REAL waiting begins. I don't know. We started this adoption business 6 months ago (although we started the research, etc long before that and really i have been waiting all my life to be a mom) and it looks like we have another 12 months to go. Not sure how much more of this waiting business i can handle. I guess its good that we are 1/3 of the way through - lets try to stay optimistic?? I never was all that patient - maybe i will learn something through all of this waiting. It's a good thing that the wait will eventually be worth it!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi,
I just got my Alberta provincial approval last week, so my file has just been sent to Imagine. You're right! It seems like when people who are adopting talk about waiting, it's about the time after your file gets to Ethiopia. But I already feel like it's been a good chunk of time spent waiting for HAR to be completed and provincial approval. I think that maybe people say the waiting starts in Ethiopia, because at that point, all there is is waiting. Empty time you can't fill with collecting references, and medicals and CRIM checks. That's probably the hardest wait time. But it encourages me that you pointed out that we are a third of the way there. 33%. Not bad really, since in my head I wasn't even at 0% yet. But you're right. We have been waiting. Good point.

The Warren Family said...

I remember when 1 month ago we started waiting for a referral and people said we were "officially waiting"....I couldn't help but think "what the heck have I been doing the last 6 months". I also heard the ministry wait is about 6 weeks now so hopefully you will hear back soon!!

Shannon