Monday, November 3, 2008

grumble grumble

Can I just say - waiting sucks.
If you see me on the street and ask me how things are - and where we are in this crazy process - i will give a nice pat answer that i have been practicing. "things are good - our file is Ethiopia now - we are keeping busy" etc etc.
But the very truth is that waiting sucks. I have these tickers on the blog - they move so slow(are they going backwards when I am not looking??!) "2 weeks, 6 days waiting for baby", i have a spreadsheet where i keep track of people i know from blogs and the yahoo group. We are all waiting - but it seems like the list doesn't move -and if it does - someone is coming out of the woodwork and is ahead of us - bumping us to the bottom - again.
In my head i know that i need to suck it up - we have a LONG way to go and no one likes a whiner. But it just seems like its never going to happen.
Most of the time i can find something to be excited about - something to be optimistic about but I don't feel like it tonight. When are you coming baby????
So, let me complain a bit, grumble a bit and be mad for a while. I feel like a bit of a funk right now. Next week I will be excited again about the nursery, crib shopping and all the fun stuff. But for right now this all just stinks.

8 comments:

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

You said it right - waiting sucks! You are more than entitled to gumble from time to time, it is all part of this looooooong journey we are on. Laura

Anonymous said...

Been there - I remember the feeling well (and unfortunately the wait AFTER the referral is even harder!). Sometimes you just have to let yourself feel grumbly & in a funk because the waiting DOES SUCK!! But you've got the right idea - retail therapy is always just around the corner and it ALWAYS helps! Hang in there! Janice

Natalie and Chris said...

Just letting you know we are here to listen (read) about your highs and lows. So here I am to try and help you get back to the high, by listening and understanding and letting you get it out. I know for me, just knowing you are all out there to keep me going helps.
Hope this helps you...Natalie.

Stephanie said...

Waiting is no fun!! I am not the most patient at the best of times and let's just say this process does not make it easy! It's okay to have bad days....as your blogger friend I'm here to listen whenever you need it!

Steph :-)

Tammy said...

I hear ya on the spreadsheet...I don't think anyone else should be allowed to add their name if it is above ours! lol! Just kidding! I was happy, thinking there were only 20 or so families ahead of me and then names kept being added and added and our entry kept going further down...totally started to melt down. lol! I can't look at the list anymore. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm very good with retail therapy...too good. Because we did not request a specific gender I hard a hard time knowing what I could buy that would be useful when the time came. I now buy alot of kids books b/c they are something that I know I can use and are not necessarily gender specific. AND if the book comes with a matching stuffie...even better! lol! (saw some great ones at Walmart today...didn't even buy them! How about that!)

You are right...waiting sucks!!! This SUCKS!!!!!!!!! Hang in there! All of us in bloggerland are here for you...we're all in this together. Keep strong.

Karen said...

I haven't found any particular rhyme or reason to my waiting whining. Some weeks I am OK and then there are those other ones...know that there are many of us out there who understand perfectly!

Adam said...

the waiting is the hardest part. Blogging might help to pass the time and express your feelings but at the end of the day waiting is hard. The good news is that there are tons of people who can relate and sympathize.

The Mannings said...

thanks everyone!! i had lots of expectations when we started this adoption - but i did not expect to have the support of other people in our same situation. It sure helps. I still feel crappy but its great to know we are not in it alone. I also feel so glad to have a place to 'vent' where people understand. I felt guilty writing that post - cause we have only been waiting for a few weeks and others have been waiting for months - but i think it doesn't matter how long you have been waiting - its still the hardest thing to do. thanks again