Wednesday, April 22, 2009

rambling...

To start things off - there was a referral today!!! Yippeee - John and Lorie have a new baby boy. I really don't know John and Lorie - so if you are out there - congrats!!!! But the deal is that there is some progress - we have moved up the list again. So good to see!!!!
It is getting kind of frustrating to keep saying to people - another year. I think we said that when we started... It never gets less than - another year. Keep having to remind myself that this WILL happen.
Anyhoo - a shout out to my sister who celebrated her birthday this week. Happy Birthday!!
On the weekend, i attended a local POMBA (parents of multiple births assoc) garage sale. this is a famous sale that happens twice a year. My friend Julie let me know all about it - so i got up way too early on Saturday and got in a massive line up with my cousin Wendy. This is a serious sale!! I was looking for some furniture type things (extra change table for down stairs, high chair etc). I have decided to limit my clothing purchases until we know a gender. I ended up getting a really nice wooden rocking chair, some toys including Fischer price little people - and an adorable chicken Halloween costume. Thanks for the tip Jul - good stuff to be found at said sale!!!
That's it for me. i feel bug coming on, so i am heading for the couch. Need to rest up for our trip to Canada's Wonderland on Saturday with the youth group. Its supposed to be 24 and sunny - should be a good day!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay, when you started with "there was a referral today" I thought it was yours for a second. I had a small heart attack knowing I am close behind you. Hoo.
:)

The Mannings said...

Melissa - I wish!!! I am afraid its going to be a long while till we can make that kind of announcment!!! but the recent referrals have renewed my hope!