Monday, April 6, 2009

Thankful for April.

Hey there.
Thought i might try something new. Haven't been blogging much lately. I have kind of felt down about things - not many (any really) referrals happening - which is really slowing things down. A year ago, when we started, we were told 3-6 months for referral. then around Christmas i came to realize that we will probably be waiting 12 months for a referral. Right now (according to my own little spreadsheet) - there would have to be roughly 5 referrals a month for us to get one by October. This looks fairly unlikely. I don't want to think of how far i need to push back my expectations so that they are more realistic. ugh. nuff about that. sorry to depress you.
So, I was thinking that i need to focus on the positive - and things i am thankful for. I know its Easter and not thanksgiving but humour me.
1. I am thankful for my husbands health. He has now suffered a second concussion - that would be 2 in less than 3 weeks. Luckily the last 'incident' was not as serious as it could have been and mostly, he has wounded his pride. It could have been way worse and so I am thankful that i won't have to be a single parent.
2. I am thankful for my sisters birthday!! She is celebrating a milestone - which only means that in 2 years i will be too. Anyway, this weekend we are heading to PA for a show at Sight and Sound Theater and some good shopping. Layne Bryant is my fav store - and I am looking forward to seeing what we can find at Carters for baby :) it is so nice to be getting away!!
3. I am thankful for spring. Ok - well today you wouldn't know it - got a nice dump of snow. But you can feel spring in the air. I have been dreaming about buying plants and being outside more!!
4. I am thankful for good friends. This past week i got to connect with 2 good friends. Seems like we are all busy these days and we don't get to see each other as often as i would like. Tracey and I are planning a mini-girls-get away in July and i am soooo looking forward to it!!!!!

So that's it. I found 4 things - not bad for someone who has been kind of grumpy lately. Maybe tomorrow i will find 4 more things.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Sorry to hear about the lag - It isn't fair.
I can't believe it was almost a year ago we were at PRIDE training - I kinda blocked most of those Saturdays out of my mind... But meeting you two was lots of fun!

Karen said...

Desiring to shift one's perspective from grumpy to thankful is a big deal. It would be so easy to just reside in the doldrums, staring at a spread sheet that offers dim hope...But at the end of this wait, and there WILL be an end, is a baby that God has already ordained to belong to you and Mike!!

Happy shopping for this long anticipated new member of your family! And seriously, where is Mike's helmet?!