Wednesday, April 15, 2009

therapy


Got some therapy this weekend. Much needed i must add.
First of all laughter therapy. I can't even really recall what was funny, but i know i had a lot of good laughs. Recap - Mike and I went on a road trip with my sister and her hubby to Lancaster, PA. We had lots of good laughs and just really enjoyed our selves. Lots of good food too - although i don't want to put eating down as a therapy. The Olive Garden did not disappoint!
My soul got some therapy as well. We went to the Sight and Sound theatre and saw an Easter musical. I am a very visual learner and so seeing a presentation like that speaks to my soul. Except for the flying angels in the gold lamae trimmed costumes and the big foam wings. I tried to get over those flying angels, i really did. Some times i really need to see something in 'real life' to hit home. There were lots of good parts. But for me- when Jesus was walking on the water and Peter gets out in faith - just kind of got me.
Didn't get much sleep therapy. Man am i getting old. We did some shopping and let me tell you, i just don't have it like i used to. By about 3:00 in the afternoon i was just plan done in. Until i got to the Carters store. If you don't know, Carters is a baby's clothing store. They have very cute stuff and good prices. This is the first time I have indulged in clothing shopping for the baby. I decided to get neutral stuff- as we don't know if it will be a boy or girl - i am tending to believe that it will be a boy - so the stuff got a bit more boyish. If surprise, surprise, we get a girl - oh well there will be more shopping. I also got mostly 12 months and up since we have no idea of how old our baby will be.
So, retail therapy also entered into our weekend. In a big way!!! Baby wasn't the only lucky one, mom got some good stuff too!!! Here is a peak of Jr's wardrobe to date. The pic's are a bit dark. The first thing is a 'bankie'. its a little stuffed monkey sewn on a little blanket. Once we have a baby assigned to us we are allowed to send a little something over for them and this will be what we send. Our baby's first present from us:

More therapy is definitely needed - but this weekend was a good start.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Cute, cute and cute! I think my favorite is the giraffe squeeze me outfit...but it really is hard to pick a favorite out of all that cuteness.

Retail therapy helped me through many a dark moment in "the wait". And then using those items once Phoebe has come home conjures up happy thoughts instead of the darkness I was experiencing at the time.

Carolyn said...

LOVE everything!!! Nothing like that retail therapy to help boost the spirits!


Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Adorable clothes!! Where is the Carters store? Oh boy... when I get back to work, they better watch out!
I agreet - retail therapy really helps - have fun!