Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dad's Coming Home

So, for those of you who don't know... my (Mike) dad lives in Burkina Faso Africa. He's due home for a furlow for the next four months. He will be arriving back in Canada on Saturday, and staying with us for about a week to rest before visiting his friends and supporting churches. He works for a mission support agency that drills water wells in Burkina and previously in Ghana. We've put an air matress in the baby's room, (which still is not finished!) and I managed to put up some blinds and a closet rod so he can hang up some of his clothes. Hopefully he can get re-adjusted to our climate and the noise on our street from the road reconstruction! I've invested in ear plugs to allow me to sleep during the day, since I'm still stuck on night shift (Blahhh). Oh yeah, Brenda's friend at work bought us a black baby doll to "practice" with, so she's in the crib now with some stuffed toys!! We've told Brenda's mom that's the baby she'll be able to hold when we arrive home with ours!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love the doll solution for when your little one comes home :) Brilliant!

Mike said...

It's Brenda's idea, but I'm not sure her mother will go for it!