Monday, May 18, 2009

playing catch up

Yep - its been a while since i have posted, so I am afraid it might be a long one.

First of all - we hit our 7th month in the referral waiting game. Not sure how i feel about that - kind of like that bus ran me over. When we started i really thought we would have a referral by now... Ah, then reality hits. Anyhoo - we are 7 down and who knows how many more to go.

Its true, i have been in a bit of a funk. Then it dawned on me - Mother's Day is coming up. Yep - not fond of that day. It was kind of quiet for us but we got through it.
I love my Mom!!!!! She is the best. She constantly goes above and beyond. She is always supportive and we must like each other cause we work together!!! Looking forward to our shopping day coming up!!!!
My Grandma Cober passed away last Mother's day - and so we were all missing her as well. She kept a diary and so we are privileged to read them now and get a feel for the kind of lady she was - besides the spoiling, playing twister Grandma that i knew growing up. She was busy!!!! She had a lot going on and almost everyday there was someone dropping by, some grandkid showing up to be looked after, ladies in to quilt or a visit paid to a neighbour. In fact it made me smile to read 'Dad and i sat alone tonight - no one came' - that was a rare entry but shows how much she loved having people over. Its kind of cool to see my name pop up in there every once in a while or things like 'Bruce's have a new baby - nice baby boy' or 'Sheri and Brenda were here for the day' or "Cathy went to Bruce's to babysit' or 'Dorthy went to Bruce's to babysit'. I know without a doubt that not only do i have great parents - but i had wonderful grandparents who loved us!!!! I have thought about starting my own diary - what a legacy to leave behind.
Anyhoo - on to other news. We have a visiting family member, as mike mentioned. Chuck - Mike's dad is home from Burkina Faso!!

Here he is - just landing in Toronto!!! We have had a good couple of day with him catching up from the last 2 years he has been gone. A highlight so far is Chuck meeting AJ for the first time. Here is AJ doing one of his funny faces - that kid is too cute!!!

I think Mike mentioned that we got a surprise 'early baby shower' gift from my co-worker Lynnette. It was a must buy that she couldn't turn down and I was so happy. It just about made me cry :) It came at the perfect time and is so sweet!!!! Here is Mike testing it out:

So, I think that's about all for now. Its the holiday Monday - and i am enjoying my time off. We had a big breakfast thanks to Mike :) We (and that means Mike) are going to be making a new flower bed out back today. Its way to cold to plant anything but I will move some perennials around and get a few things done out there. I love to see things popping up in the spring!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on 7 months down!!(I used the same pic on my seventh month post!)

I am going to pm you so we can set up a date to go out!

Steph :-)

Anonymous said...

Looking Good!! I think I'll have to come back to test drive the baby. :-)
Beth