Wednesday, May 27, 2009

wordless wednesday - kind of - well, not really





Yippee for spring. I love to see things growing! I especially love when i don't kill things! I am not an experienced gardener, so i like easy things and take lots of advice from good gardener friends. We did add a new flower bed this spring :) I think Mike is worried that my flowers will totally take over our small back yard - but i promise him that we will always have room for a swing set and a sand box :) Remind me how much i love gardening in August when the weeds have taken over...
Nothing else new here - no referrals lately. Lots of people are getting ready to travel and pick up their kidlets - so that is a good thing - more room for new kids in the transition home.
Lately the waiting has got me down. I wonder if its too optimistic to think that we will get a referral by Christmas. Last year at this time we were thinking we would be traveling in the summer of 2009 and now we hope and pray we travel in the summer of 2010. I do know it WILL happen - but right now the light at the end of the tunnel is very dim.
As for other fun stuff - Chuck has stayed with us for the past few weeks - its been good to spend some time together after being apart for 2 years. On the weekend the Cober women minus one(sheri, dayna, my mom and myself - we missed you Val) went to TO to see the Sound of Music. At first I thought ' i have seen the movie a gazillion times - not so keen on seeing the musical' but it was amazing - see it if you can. it was a great time. We took the subway - which was fun and a novelty for us country hicks. A good time was had by all :)


5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful flowers! I love bleeding heart!

Steph :-)

Karen said...

I second that- gorgeous flowers!

shannon said...

HI Brenda,
I am not sure if I ever introduced my self. My name is Shannon and I am with IA on almost the exact same time line my file landed Oct. 15th , I am waiting for a baby girl 0-6 months. I have also been having these moments lately where I wish I knew what the wait times will look like, I also hope to be celebrating Christmas with her picture, but am a bit afraid to get my hopes up.
Thinking of you, maybe we end up in Et at the same time.
Good luck with the wait, and yes the flowers help a bit.
Shannon
ps I have the same cloth doll as in your picture my best friend bought it for me on my Birthday.

The Mannings said...

Thanks Shannon - great to meet you. This whole thing would be alot easier if we only had some firm dates to go with. In the mean time it nice to know we arent alone. Do you have a blog?

shannon said...

HI Brenda,
So nice to meet you as well, I dont have a blog, I have thought of starting one but I am pretty bad at keeping things updated. I would love one just to have to fun pictures like the ones you have for each month. I love the bus ! Yes I agree not having a time line is pretty hard somedays are much easier than others. As it stands right now I am good with the wait ( well at least today ) . I am anxious to see if the 12 month time line sticks or not.
I am glad to have found you both and love the thought that are babies are roomates ! or will be roomates ! Have a good week.
Shannon
my email is skelly@videotron.ca , please feel free to write at any point either on a good or bad day.