Thursday, January 14, 2010

sad

Even though today was an exciting and relieving day - what with the numbers and all, my heart is still so sad.

Sad for the people of Haiti and for the Martin family. The Martin's have lost an amazing wife, mother and grandmother. Yvonne was such a kind woman who always had a smile for me. My prayers are with you all.

Also, Villages has some artisans in Haiti that we haven't heard from - no idea how they are doing. Keep praying for these folks who need our prayers so much. Donate if you can - there are lots of ways and places to do that. Be grateful for what you have and hold your loved ones a bit closer.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Hi Brenda,

You are so right. I've been so happy hearing of the latest referrals today but feeling guilty about it due to what has happened in Haiti. It is so devastating and so sad.

I thought I heard on the news today that the US is only giving 1 million dollars in aid. This seems like so little to me, I was really surprised (but it's possible I heard the number wrong on the radio).

Sorry to hear that you weren't in the top 5o like you had hoped. You're not far off that though.