Tuesday, February 2, 2010

happy

In a job as a volunteer co-ordinator, I worked with some men with developmental delays. There was one guy named Gary. He would spontaneously say "I'm happy today. Yep, today and tomorrow". Well to take a page from Gary's book - i am happy today - for a number of reasons.
1. We are now #56!!!!! We started out at 62 and are now down to 56. Hard to believe in such a short while. I am actually enjoying the 50's. It's exciting, without all the pressure. I have a feeling once we get down to the 20's i will be a basket case, so I am going to enjoy the 50's.
2. Mike got a new job! He started out on Monday. Its a straight day job - instead of the straight nights he has done for the past 3 something years. I am so happy for him - its a great fit for him and i really think he will love it. yippee honey - congrats!!
3. My best friend is dating a really great guy. She is super great and deserves to be so happy and so she is and I am so happy for her/them. yippeee
4. We got a new bed! I love my new bed. With Mike coming off nights we decided we need to do something about our old bed. I don't sleep well when he is around and so a new bed will help to fix that problem. There seems to be more 'middle' in our King size bed and so I am happy. A new bed meant a new comforter set :) and so new paint as well - some day. Lots of fun!
5. I am getting my gall bladder removed. Although the thoughts of surgery don't really make me too happy - I will be happy to have it done and be free from attacks of pain in the night. I have named my gall stone 'little buddy' and so he really needs to go. If you don't hear from me in a while its because I am recouping.
6. Our friends and families have blessed us so much!! My family started up a trust fund for our adoption and we are so overwhelmed by the support that has been given to us. It truly boggles my mind. Our new agency fees have been covered, our travel expenses have been covered and then some. We are humbled and so appreciative. One draw back of the trust fund is that we can not tell who the people are who donate. So, thank you so much - we would love to thank each one individually - but if you gave we are so deeply touched and we thank you from the bottoms of our hearts.
So, I am happy today. Yep, today and tomorrow.

9 comments:

Joy said...

Lovely!

Janice said...

Happy 50s. It feels so good to be movin on up.
J

Kendra said...

Those are some great reasons to be happy! Hope the surgery goes well and you are back moving around quickly.

Karen said...

I love the outlook :) Congrat's on being in the 50's, on the new bed, to Mike on his new job, to abundant blessings, and to a successful and smooth sailing farewell to your "little buddy"- and hey, if I knew your friend I would congratulate her too :)

Anonymous said...

Well it is a happy day! Congrats on things looking up!

Anonymous said...

Another woohoo to another even better number! Keep them coming! Hope the surgery goes smoothly and you are back to your old self in no time!

Janice

CinnamonOpus said...

Yay! So glad to hear things are going so well! The positive energy looks well on you! Here's hoping it carries right on as those numbers tick down!

Sharla said...

many reasons to be happy! and I can't believe how quickly you are moving up the list...that is a major reason to be happy...progress! A new bed is such a great investment, a purchase you'll never regret.

Krista said...

What a wonderful family!