Tuesday, March 9, 2010

discouraged

The past few months i have tried very hard to keep a positive attitude. We are so happy that our adoption will still happen...but why the extra bumps along the road??? I know that they are to be expected with adoption - i should be used to this. But right now i feel like enough is enough!!! We found out last week (without going into details - too tired for details) that more referrals aren't likely any time soon. It is most likely a temporary thing - and in reality it protects the best interests of the children which we all know is the most important thing. But what could it hurt for the rest of this process to go ahead smoothly??? Just when i start feeling really good and optimistic than boom/bam/smash and it feels like we are back at square one. Sorry everyone - just feeling kind of crappy about this whole thing. The sun is shinning and it feels like spring and I feel like crap.
Anyhoo - we did have a nice weekend away, just hubby and me. It was a last minute, spontaneous decision and boy did i need it. Retail therapy always works wonders - and who doesn't like a spiffy looking mommy in waiting? Mike did allow me to by two baby things - a very-cute-gender-neutral-soft-baby-doll. So cute and cuddly. and a really great book that he found.
So, thats my grumble for today - please bring on the good news. Everyone chant with me now - GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS.

5 comments:

shannon said...

HI Brenda,
Yes what a hard adjustment we have had to make,
Just wanted to say that I think we all took this one pretty hard , I am also trying to pick myself up again.
I was cleaning up old emails today ( I have a habit of leaving hundreds in my inbox ) All this to say I hit the July 13th !!!!!!!!!!!!! Pile, and the 14th and so on.......
It was helpful to find them , It made this last update just a bit easier.
Hold strong we will make it slow but steady , still hope to travel with you
Shannon

Stephanie said...

I hear ya on needing good news!!! This process is definitely not easy but we'll get there.

Steph :-)

Kendra said...

I am with you Brenda. I have been in a bummed out mood since that update as well.

Janice said...

Yep, it sure sucks - all over again. Ugh!

Krista said...

Oh goodness... I'm so sorry to hear about all the issues you have had! Just isn't air.
I'm glad you and Mike got away - a distraction is always a good thing. And so is GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS! (and retail therapy - I need that right about now!)