Thursday, March 11, 2010

more

First off - let me say that today its been 2 years and one day since we started this adoption. Wow - last year while we were blissfully eating our wat and injera we had no clue that we would still be waiting and waiting and waiting a year later. And today i really don't see that wait getting any shorter or easier.
We have hit a new bump in the road. I already mentioned that referrals have slowed down to a stand still and today we hear something new. We will now have to travel twice to Ethiopia. Once at the time of court date to appear before the judge. Then we will get to see our precious baby, hold him/her in our arms and then get on a plane and come home to wait another 4 months or so till the rest of the paperwork is complete. Then we get to fly back.
Now, I completely understand the reasoning on both of these road blocks. They truly both have the best interests of the child in mind. But today i wonder how much more i can take. The thoughts of meeting my baby and then leaving it are beyond words. I can only imagine its hard enough to see the photos but to hold him and then let go.
Financially we will be stretched to afford 2 visits. Fortunately due to the generosity of our friends and families our trust fund will probably cover almost all of it. I am sure there are others who will have a very difficult time coming up with the extra $$.
I keep reminding myself that we are extremely confidant that this is God's plan for us. This child is God's plan for us and we are His plan for our child. This is the only thing that keeps me sane.

2 comments:

Krista said...

WHAT? Brenda - While I obviously am not in your shoes, and can't fully understand what you are going through emotionally, I am saddened for you and Mike. That added wait will be tough for sure. Praying for you guys - and your baby - for GOOD NEWS!

Melissa said...

Yeah. I don't know how I can pay for it. And I have to bring my Jonah with me, which is another plane ticket, because if we don't pass on the first go, I'll have to stay until we do. I honestly don't know how to do it.