Wednesday, March 24, 2010

step back

What a crazy ride its been lately! I won't say that i am all good now with everything that has been going on - but i will say that I am learning to roll with the punches. The whole travel thing - well, financially it really sucks and emotionally it will be hard but i can live with it. The hold on adoptions is a bit more tough. There have actually been 3 referrals announced this week, so we are not sure if things are rolling again or if these were exceptions. Either way we are pleased that our number is decreasing. At work i have made up a number count down device - just a pad of paper with numbers on it - nothing too brilliant- but each time i hear about a referral i get to rip that page off - and it feels pretty good. To make it even more exciting i shred the old number :) It's actually quite therapeutic!!!
Anyhoo - that's about all that's new with me. I have stepped 'away from the edge' - mostly anyway. I think its safe to say that those of us who made it through the bankruptcy this summer still have pretty tender hearts. For me, I am doing the best that I can and trusting in God's plan for this family.

3 comments:

The Warren Family said...

I love your idea about shredding the numbers when you rip them off....just LOVE it !! great idea.

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

My too! Love the idea of shredding the page. ;)

Ricki said...

I think your countdown device is brilliant!!! And the fact that after tearing the numbers off you then shred them, well I just think that's even better :) Hopefully this last week's referrals are a sign that the ball is rolling again!