Sunday, May 16, 2010

Busy..

I know i had vowed to blog more often but man has it been busy lately!! I don't like it when we are out every night of the week and then all weekend - and that seemed to be our life for the last 3 weeks. It was all good stuff - but for me (little old home body) it took its toll! I had a beautiful sleep in yesterday and now i am feeling more myself again.


In the mean time, i missed our 1 year and 7th month waiting for our referral. I feel like its getting close. It could actually be this year...you never know. It is starting to feel good again, which is good.


Also, Congrats to cyber friends Alysia and Derrick on the birth of their beautiful son Levi. Their blog is at the right there. What a ride they have been on in the past year. What a great example of relying on God through heartbreak and in utter joy. That baby is the cutest ever!!! So happy for you!!!

So, what has kept you so busy you might ask?

It seems that April and May were 'babysitting weekends' for Uncle Mike and Auntie Brenda. The first weekend saw an overnight visit from Kyle and AJ. Kyle and Uncle Mike had the pleasure of attending Canada's Wonderland with the youth group for the day on the Saturday. I think Mike is learning his limits when it comes to roller coasters. As for AJ and I - well we spent a great day together. AJ is going to be 2 in August - but he still likes to be rocked to sleep and takes a few bottles, so we had some significant snuggle time. However, except for those special times the boy does not stop. Seriously, he is BUSY. Man, i knew we would have fun - but can you just slow down? I did baby proof our house - but we have 2 staircases going up and not enough baby gates could keep this one down. By 8:30 in the morning i knew we would have a long day :) I had actually planned to do a little photo diary of our day together and post it - but for one, who had time to find the camera and 2 all you would get is a blur of AJ as he runs past :) So, we went for a long walk, followed by a long nap (he plays hard but sleeps hard and long too), then went to my brother's farm to see the cows, visited my mom's and eventually i wore him down.


AJ is super good. I may have dragged him away from the stairs about a million times and told him not to touch Auntie Brenda's pretty star a few thousand times - but he just would turn and find some other mischief to get into. No tantrums, no hissy fits - just good natured trouble on 2 wheels :)

Our next two weekends we 'babysat' my niece and nephew. They are 15 and 17 and so supervision would be more appropriate. My sister and hubby went off to celebrate their 20th anniversary on a sweet cruise. The first weekend we went to their house (hour and a half away). They have a life you know...So Mike and i hung out at their place - played wii and watched some movies. During the week they were on their own and then the second weekend they came to our house - once again, more fun shopping, watching movies and the like. Dayna even helped me clean out my closet. If you have trouble getting rid of stuff just get a 15 year old fashionista to help. I got rid of 5 garbage bags of clothes. The first rule was, anything older than Dayna was gone without question - and there were a few things!! :) Don't know why i hold on to that old stuff - i was told that even if i could wear it - i shouldn't so, bye bye!!!! Feels good to be rid of that 'baggage' and now there is room to do some more shopping :)

This weekend we have had a child free home. Its been quite and a bit more tidy. A nice break but we miss them too. Friday night I went out with some girlfriends to celebrate a friend's birthday. I haven't laughed so much in such a long time!!! We also celebrated the engagement of my best friend. I have not smiled so big as when i saw that beautiful ring and heard the story of their engagement. Oh so happy for them!!!! Gonna be a bridesmaid for the 7th time and can't wait. Its a beautiful love story, let me tell you. My girlfriend is a blessed woman to have been wooed by such a man. And he is blessed to be in love with such a wonderful person who will be a wonderful mother to his 4 girls. It really is story-book kind of stuff and does my heart good to see such a happy time for all. By the way, I have decided to give you all a fashion show of my wardrobe of bridesmaid dresses. It sure is something - we've got floral, we've got pink satin, we've got satin died shoes, I think we've got it all!!! I am so happy for these 2 that i would wear a paper bag if that is what she wanted.

And to top off a great weekend, my wonderful hubby gave me a nice surprise. He let me sleep in on Saturday = beautiful bliss!!! Then when i got up i couldn't find him. We live in an old house and so its not unusual that we can't find each other and so i sat around, waking up and waited for him to find me. But an hour passed and still no Mike. Here, he was outside digging up my flower beds for me. What a guy!!!! Now, all i need to do is the shopping :) and planting. What a great surprise for me!

So, its been a bit busy! Things are starting to slow down on our calender - even have a few extra days off coming up. The plan is to get working on that reno we started in 2008 - remember that one?! The one where we were getting a room ready for the baby?! Hopefully i will have some 'finished' photos next week at this time!!!

Of coarse never far from my thoughts is our sweet baby to be. Looking after AJ was a bit like playing house. It was nice to know that at the end of the day i did just fine and managed on my own with him with no issues :) Rocking him in the baby's room brought me lots of pondering of times to come. Even though we don't know our baby, he is never far from my thoughts. I imagine what it would be like in each circumstance to be bringing our baby here or there or how they would like this experience or that thing we are doing. Or how we will be doing things much differently when we have baby home. One year and 7 months is a long time to wait for our baby - but we can't wait to see your face little one, and so we wait with anticipation!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Still waiting for the photos of the bridesmaid fashion show...

Sounds like some happy anticipation is going on- it is a sweet, sweet sound :)