Friday, May 14, 2010

Tugging at a Dad's heart (or dad to be)

Brenda and I listen to country music. (You'll guess by now that it's Mike's turn to blog again). There are very few times that I get... um... well... emotional, so it took me by surprise when I heard a song on the radio the other day. If you listen to any Canadian country station, you'e probably heard a song called I've haven't even heard you cry by Aaron Lines. Here are the lyrics from the chorus:

And I haven't even heard you cry
I haven't even looked into your eyes
I haven't held you one time but you've changed my life
And I don't even know your name
But I know I'll never be the same
Oh I can't wait to show you you can fly
And I haven't even heard you cry
So, as you can see, these lines really got me thinking about our precious baby somewhere in Ethiopia. I still get choked up when I hear this song on the radio, and I do my best to keep it together (no one wants to see a mechanic crying when he's trying to fix a piece of farm machinery!). Someday I'll be able to tell our son or daughter this story, and laugh about how many times I thought of them even before I knew thier name.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like daddy's heart is also being prepared for the little one God has chosen to be part of your family :)

Melissa said...

I heard it for the first time yesterday. It totally got me too.

Sharla said...

I'd love to re-post this at www.adoptionmagazine.ca. Please e-mail me at adoptionmagazine@gmail.com and let me know if that would be okay. Thanks!