Monday, June 15, 2009

#8

So, here we are at 8 months. I have decided not to whine about the wait (i was going to say 'anymore' - but i can't promise that - maybe should say 'today'). I am going to try to be more positive - no one likes to listen to a whiner - and we still have a long way to go and i am beginning to sound like a broken record. In some ways its hard to believe that we have been waiting 8 months already for our referral. Lets hope we are more than 1/2 way.

On the Saturday it was kind of cool and over cast and so i did some baking and got out a project that needs to be finished. 2 years (yes that's right i said 2 years) ago, i decided that because of our drafty old house, i would make some flannel comforters. I was running out of blankets for our guests. Both my Grandma's made me comforters that i still have and love to use. My Grandma Heise's blanket is so fun to look at. It's made of crimpoline (polyester) squares and i can remember that this piece was one of her dresses, and so on. i have had to replace the flannel back as i loved it to death once already. So, 2 years ago - i bought some flannel and re-learned how to sew. I have one top completely done: And the second top is in the early stages. I need to finish cutting out the squares and do the sewing. You might notice, if you look closely that my squares didn't exactly come out square or sewn straight - it was my joke that the way it was going i would have a round blanket in the end!!! Once the tops are both done, then i will borrow my mom's quilt stands and and tie the tops to a flannel back. My Grandma Cober would say they are 'for warm not for looks'. So, here's to another one of my projects that needs to be finished. its kind of a bad time of year to get going on stuff like this - but who knows - maybe i will actually get done. i know that they look babyish and girlie - but they are actually not intended for baby - but for our guests who have to brave our sub-arctic home (in the winter that is - right now its getting toasty!).


And last but not least - my poppy finally started to bloom today and so did the columbine. Kind of cool. Happy June everyone - hard to believe the month is 1/2 over already. Here's hoping that month 8 will be a turning point and things will go smoother from here on in. cheers.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love the fabric on the quilts!!! They look soooo cozy. My daughter has a couple of little blankies of the same ladybug material.

8 months down....hopefully not too many more....at least you've got good company!!

Steph :-)

Karen said...

Congratulations on having 8 months behind you! And I am with you in hoping and praying that you are more than halfway to your babykins.

I love the quilts. The fabrics can't help but make one feel more cheerful. Excellent choices. And I am inspired to consider some of my own 2 year old (and older) projects sitting in boxes in the basement...then again maybe when Phoebe starts school :)

And the flowers are gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Hey! Eight is good! And you'd better be more than half way! I like te bug quilt. Jonah has a bug baby blanket in the same yellow fabric. It's my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilts! My squares never line up completely either ;)
I'm praying your wait is coming to an end - I want Alex to meet his new friend!