Tuesday, June 16, 2009

p.s.

so, i was just going to post the song lyrics and let them speak for themselves. But as i was re-reading them it really hit me that mostly you would read that and feel bad at the beginning for the kid waiting to find a home - but in my case i feel like i am the one longing to find home with our baby. Does that make sense to anyone else? It really is a longing like that and in a way the baby saves me - i have a deep yearning, a longing for this little baby. Don't get all crazy - i am not a manic person who believes a baby will solve all my problems - but i do believe I have this empty space in my life that this baby is meant to fill. Often people think that adoptive parents are doing the world a huge favour by 'saving' this child from a life of abdonment and misery - but i think the child is doing us more of a favour. I dont know if this is sounding right. I hope you will understand what i am trying to say - but i dont think its coming out right.

4 comments:

Karen said...

It makes perfect sense to me :)

Chuck said...

Hey Brenda, there is not a manic bone in your body, just a whole lotta love for that special baby that God is preparing for you right now!!! Special because He is moulding it and shaping it to perfectly fit that empty space that you feel in your life. When He finally delivers that precious soul into your hands you will be able to rejoice with the Psalmist when he said "You have anointed my head with oil, my cup overflows"!
Blessings.

Natalie and Chris said...

It sounds perfect to me and describes how I feel everyday. you are definitely not alone.

Janice said...

That sound very honest and completely normal to me.
i never knew just how much joy my children would bring to my life until after they were born -sounds like you already know.