Wednesday, February 18, 2009

not much to say

Here i am again with my usual 'not much to say post'.
People (bless their hearts) are always asking me if anything is new and when will be getting our baby. I feel like i am out of answers - and we have a long way to go. I love that they are concerned and that they care - i would probably be mad if people didn't ask - but i am having a hard time giving a positive/upbeat answer. I feel like i am having an 'adoption funk' again. ugh.
One good thing going on is that Mike is working on the baby's room again - remember that reno we started last summer??!! Well, its coming to a close. We are painting the floor with oil paint and so need to wait till the spring so we can have some windows open - but other than that we are very close to being done - paint touch ups, paint trim, install light fixture, closet doors and organizers and that should be it. It will be nice to put the tools away and consider our home no longer a construction zone - almost one year...not too bad for timing :)
That's it for now. So much for 'not much to say'.

2 comments:

Natalie and Chris said...

adoption funks are a normal occurance in all our journeys as well. Please know you are not alone and we all understand what you are going through. Keep smiling.

Karen said...

I well remember those ruts. They sucked.

I confess that to get through them I would tend to go browsing or shopping for baby. I might hit a kid's consignment store or looked for used baby items on line (found the high chair, portable play pen, play kitchen for Phoebe) or bought a new book for baby...it just helped keep it real for me when it started to feel like an impossible dream. I also crocheted a baby blanket, cross stitched a picture for her room and started on a quilt- all activities that allowed me to feel like I was doing something active towards making my dream a reality...

Sending hugs your way!