Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quiet Weekend

It's been a quiet weekend. I like that. We didn't have alot of rushing around. I got some 'home time' on Saturday to putter. Feels like it had been a long time since i did my own puttering - between being on the go, a cold that never ends, Christmas and sore backs. It was just nice to finally get some of my 'stuff' done. Don't feel like i got enough of it done, but there is always next weekend.
I need to clear up a misconception. I don't think my hubby is cheap. He sure does like a good deal (i do too) and you will never know what you will find at the bargain basement. He has now stocked us with bottles and liners and we should be good to go for quite a while! It is true that I haven't always appreciated what comes home from the bargain basement -the pool ball clock with blue neon lights comes to mind. I am however, deeply touched by his excitement over baby bottles and his enthusiasm in getting ready for this baby. It warms my heart and helps me to get more excited. I have been guarding my heart a bit lately and not been sure it was time for this stuff yet. But, I am slowly allowing myself to accept that this IS going to happen. I was starting to think we might jinx ourselves by buying these things. What is worse than being ready for a baby that never comes. i was telling a friend at church today that with fertility drugs, we were never sure that they would work and with the adoption we know in the end that it WILL work, just dont know when. Its a way better place to be - but still hard. So, anyhoo - baby bottles here we come!! It is starting to feel fun again - crazy and overwhelming too. But it seems like that all comes with the territory.
One other update - Val is home now from Hospital - yippee.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Have fun getting ready for the baby...I guess there are never sure things but have fun buying baby things anyway.