Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brenda Math


Yippee - we have made it through month number 3. Hey - give me some credit - i am celebrating even the small numbers!!! They are all worth celebrating in my books.
In my quest to accept the longer referral times, i have come up with a new plan (in my brain anyway -). Brenda Math... Since i like to 'pad' my time frame - i am going to say that it will be one year till our referral. I know, I know what you are thinking- Brenda, you are nuts - say it ain't so!! One year is sooooo long!! When we started our adoption, we were told 6-8 months for a referral - and now (9 months later) they are saying 8-10 months - and call me negative but i have a feeling that this won't be the last change in our time frame before its all said and done. I guess Brenda Math is my way to protect myself. Now, if it is true and we will end up waiting one year till our referral then we have just finished the first 3 months, a quarter of our wait - or 25%. Looking at the big picture is way better for me - 25% done is way better than 3 months. Of course i wish Brenda Math wasn't needed and we would just get our referral in the 6-8 months we were originally told. And maybe that could happen - I believe in miracles. But chances are pretty slim. So - yippee for 25% Lets hope the next 3 months fly by!!

4 comments:

Adam said...

Celebrate every milestone that passes!! Every day that you have spent waiting is one day closer to THE DAY !!!

Natalie and Chris said...

You deserve to celebrate every month as if its a big deal because it is, it signifies that you survived another month and that you are now one month closer to your child, no matter how long the waits get you will never have to repeat 3 months wait in the referral process....congrats. Natalie

Stephanie said...

Congrats on 3 months down!!! BTW, Brenda math is ALOT like Stephanie math!!! lol

Steph :-)

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Each day that passes means one day closer to your babe - that is something to celebrate...everyday!

Laura