Monday, January 5, 2009

suprise surprise...

Well, today has been a bit of a down day in the adoption world. I got a message from our agency today that explains why new court proceedings are going to take longer in the future than they do now. Its out of our control (like most, if not all of this adoption). I am sure its really a good thing and for our own benefit to have more checks and balances. Basically, if i understand it all, its a double and triple check to be sure that the baby in question is relinquished by both parents. In my opinion that is a very good thing. I would be so devastated to find out in a year or so that our baby was not really relinquished by one or both parents - i can not even fathom that. So, i don't really think its a bad thing - although i am not sure if some of it is not a bit redundant. Of coarse this means - longer wait times and the whole system getting more bogged down. uggh - like we needed one more thing to slow it all down. It does make me nervous that things just 'change' like that. Our AP did warn us in the beginning that in the international adoption world things can change at any time. You really have no control - and that's what worries me most. I think of the Chinese program and how well it was going a few years ago and where it is now. I hope and pray (real hard) that the Ethiopian program continues to work well, despite the slow downs. I know i whine about waiting - but think of all of those kids just waiting to be part of a family. I am an adult, i should be able to handle the wait - those poor kids.

1 comment:

The Warren Family said...

I felt he same way...ahh...