Saturday, January 24, 2009

7 things...

My friend Steph 'tagged' me and so I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. Here goes...

1. I am a homebody. I love to be home. I am not necessarily an introvert or a hermit but i need a certain amount of time at home. I go squirrely if i am out too many nights in a week.

2. I come from a huge family. My dad has 11 brothers and sisters and therefore i have close to 50 first cousins. I always thought this was normal - doesn't everyone have a family like that?! Its great and i am a bit sad that our baby will have a total of 4 cousins.

3. I am hooked on General Hospital. Yes, I admit it. I have watched it for years and now with the help of our satellite dish i can still watch it when i get home from work.

4. I remember my dreams. I tend to have very vivid dreams - last night George Canyon was singing at my church?! - and i tend to remember all kinds of little details. I have also been able to dream sequels - if i thought about an 'old dream' long enough before i went to bed i could pick up where we left off last night. Haven't tried that in a long time.

5. I can't spell to save my life...like you haven't noticed.

6. I don't like driving in bad weather. I grew up in the country and was used to driving in snow. But the last couple of years i just hate it. I recently cancelled a hair appointment due to the weather and i am now known as a 'city wuss'. Who cares if you have 4 wheel drive - if you can't see, you can't see!!

7. I am not a morning person - i hate getting up and can be down right grouchy till I 'wake up' - which can take a while - even after a nap. I am not a night person - by about 9:00 -9:30 my brain shuts off. Ask anyone who has been playing cards with me - all of a sudden i can't remember who's turn it is, what has been laid, what trump is... So i have no idea where i fit. But, if you see my eyes glaze over at about 9:30, you know what is happening.

There you go. I think i was the last to get tagged - if there is anyone else who would like to share their 7 things - you are 'it'!!!

4 comments:

Cara said...

I really identify with number 1 and number 7 (the night part...I need my beauty sleep :-)

Sorry you couldn't be at the adoption event today. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Cara

Stephanie said...

Hey....so sorry you couldn't be there today....I was looking forward to meeting you!

Hope you feel better soon!

Steph ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda!
Did you know we get the dreaming from Grandma Cober? She was a great dreamer and so is my Dad - me too! Some of my kids do and some don't (my husband doesn't) my dreams are vivid and realistic but very mixed up - past and present together....Just want to let you know that I follow your blog and pray that you will soon bring your baby home (praying for Val and Brad too!)

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Genral Hospital? Is that this on :)? We all have our addictions, mine is reality TV.

Thanks for sharing,
Laura